The respect of your privacy and the protection of your personal data are a priority for the law firm VARET PRES.
The purpose of the Policy is to present in a clear and transparent manner the information related to the data processing by the law firm VARET PRES in the exercise of its activities and for the operation of the website: www.varet-pres.com (hereinafter the “Site”).
The law firm VARET PRES is likely to revise its Policy, in compliance with the Personal Data Regulations.
The revised Policy will be published on the Site with indication of its last date of update.
• DATA COLLECTED
The law firm VARET PRES respects the principles of data protection by design and of data protection by default, consequently only data which are relevant, adequate and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of the processing, are collected.
Categories of personal data
The personal data that the law firm VARET PRES processes may include :
• Name, first name ;
• Personal and professional contact details (telephone number; fax number; postal address; e-mail address) ;
• Family situation ;
• Bank details;
• CV, diplomas, sector of activity, function and structure within which the function is carried out;
• IP address of the users of the Site and technical navigation information;
• Any other personal data relevant to the purposes set out below.
The cookies present on the Site are the following:
• Mandatory and functional cookies allowing the proper functioning of the Site and the improvement of the user experience;
• Cookies for audience measurement;
• Social cookies allowing the sharing of content from the Site to Linkedin, Twitter pages, etc.
When a cookie that requires your express consent is likely to be placed on your web page, a banner informs you of its presence. As long as the law firm VARET PRES has not obtained your express consent, these cookies cannot be deposited or read on your terminal.
The technical information collected will only be used for the purposes of monitoring the volume, type and composition of traffic using the Site, to develop its design and structure; for other administrative purposes, for the puruposes of planning improvement of your browsing experience and for the purposes of saving information related to a form filled in on the Site.
You may choose at any time to disable cookies on the Site by setting or deleting cookies on your web browser.
• PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
Processing carried out by the law firm VARET PRES Law Firm is intended for specificied, explicit and legitimate purposes.
The law firm VARET PRES may process personal data for the following purposes:
• the execution of the fees agreement that the law firm VARET PRES concludes with its clients;
• the execution of the law firm VARET PRES’ missions on behalf of its clients;
• external communication campaigns or aimed at clients, for example on legal news or the firm’s activity;
• the organisation of events;
• the management of the website;
• the management of applications;
• the management of commercial prospecting (subject to the absence of opposition from the persons concerned) and personalised solicitation.
• LEGAL BASES OF THE PROCESSING OPERATIONS
When they are not based on the execution of the contract concluded with the law firm VARET PRES or the compliance of the legal obligations of the law firm VARET PRES, in particular accounting and fiscal obligations, these processing operations are based on the consent of the data subject concerned or are justified by the legitimate interest of the law firm VARET PRES (such as the legitimate interest to exercise its professional activity).
• RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Only persons duly authorised by the law firm VARET PRES and bound by an obligation of confidentiality towards the law firm VARET PRES can access your personal data.
These persons may be internal staff (lawyers in charge of the corresponding cases, and if necessary in-house counsel, administrative staff, internal and external control staff, trainees, etc.) but also third parties, contractually bound with the law firm VARET PRES for the execution of a contract, acting as subcontractors or service providers of the law firm VARET PRES, on the instructions of the law firm VARET PRES, and who have access to the personal data only to carry out the mission entrusted to them by the law firm VARET PRES.
In cases where the law firm VARET PRES uses service providers located outside the European Union, we ensure that appropriate measures have been taken to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data. Nevertheless, the personal data held by the law firm VARET PRES may be transmitted to any competent authority or body in charge of a control or inspection mission in accordance with the Personal Data Regulations.
Due to the lawyers’ obligation of enhanced confidentiality, no transfer, sale or rental of such personal data will take place, whatever the type of data concerned.
• RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The law firm VARET PRES keeps your personal data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) pursued.
In particular, for the personal data of clients, prospects, partners and candidates, we retain the data for a maximum period of 3 years following the last contact.
Nevertheless, the law firm VARET PRES may need to keep certain personal data for a longer period of time in view of legal obligations relating to the archiving of data, the establishment of the proof of a right or contract, the applicable prescription periods, potential disputes, and guidelines established by the competent data protection authorities.
• SECURITY MEASURES OF YOUR DATA
The law firm VARET PRES implements all the necessary and adequate technical and organisational measures to protect and secure your personal data, guaranteeing their confidentiality and protecting them from any accidental or illicit destruction, accidental loss, alteration, or unauthorised access or distribution.
The law firm VARET PRES has thus implemented measures to protect its premises, the security of the Site, the security of its social networks and its electronic messaging software.
The law firm VARET PRES only uses service providers who apply a high level of security and the data storage softwares used by the law firm VARET PRES meet strict personal data protection requirements.
In accordance with the Personal Data Regulations, in the event of a breach of your personal data, and when it is likely to create a risk to your rights and freedoms, the law firm VARET PRES will notify the competent supervisory authority of the breach.
When required by the Personal Data Regulations, the law firm VARET PRES will inform you of violations of your personal data, this information may be individual or general.
• YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
In accordance with the Personal Data Regulations, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
– Right to access, rectify and update your data.
– Right to erasure of your personal data (or “right to be forgotten”): this right may be exercised in several cases, in particular when the data are used for commercial canvassing purposes, when you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing, when you were a minor at the time of collection of the data, or the data are no longer necessary in view of the original purposes.
– Right to withdraw your consent at any time where it constitutes the legal basis for the processing operation.
– Right to restrict processing of your data: this right allows you to ask us to freeze your data if you dispute the accuracy of the data or object to the processing of your data. The law firm VARET PRES will then no longer be able to use the data but will have to retain them.
– Right to object to the processing of your data: this right is absolute only when the processing is carried out for commercial canvassing purposes. In other cases, it is possible that the law firm VARET PRES may refuse this right of opposition if the best interest of its processing is demonstrated.
– Right to the portability of the data you have provided, when your data are subject to automated processings based on your consent or on a contract.
– Right to determine the outcome of your data after your death and to choose that the law firm VARET PRES communicates your data to a third party that you will have previously designated.
– Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: any person who believes that the processing of his or her personal data does not comply with the obligations arising from the Personal Data Regulations may lodge a complaint with the Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL), at the following address:
Service des plaintes
3 place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715
75334 PARIS Cedex 07.
If you wish to obtain more information about the Policy or exercise any of the above rights or if you have a complaint regarding your personal data, you may address a request to :
– by post: Law firm VARET PRES, 12 rue Tronchet, 75008, Paris, FRANCE, or
– by email: email@example.com.
Your request must be accompanied by a copy of any identity document and will be processed within thirty (30) days.
• APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The Policy is subject to French law.
In the event of a dispute and in the absence of an amicable agreement, the competent court will be the one determined according to the applicable rules of procedure.